INSTITUTION: Relativity School
LOCATION: Los Angles, California
CATEGORY: Adjunct Faculty & Writing Lab
POSTED: June 2017
APPLICATION DUE: Open Until Filled
START DATE: August 2017
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Relativity School is hiring research and writing instructors to staff its Myth & Story Writing Room. Myth & Story Research & Writing Instructors will be responsible for three primary duties:
- Course Instruction – R&W Instructors will participate in a team-taught course called Freshman Seminar, which serves a number of functions for incoming students. The role of the R&W instructor will be to lead one of the two class sessions per week and grade/mark written work.
- Writing Lab – R&W Instructors will host writing lab hours, during which they will support the various needs of students—from developing a research plan and revising essays to consulting on screenplays.
- Third-Party Story Incubation – The Myth & Story Writing Room works with third-party clients seeking to incubate and/or draft their stories with Relativity students and appointed faculty. Myth & Story Research & Writing Instructors will support and participate in these projects.
Candidates for this role have a strong command of the written word and MLA formatting. They are highly familiar with world mythology, archetypal patterns, symbolic imagery, and the depth psychological studies of dream, imagination, and character. Ideal candidates are also deeply familiar with one of the following professional/academic territories: story, film/TV, dance, politics, journalism, marketing, global studies. If you have questions, please submit them to Will Linn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHY A CAREER AT RELATIVITY SCHOOL?
We are creative, innovative, nimble, empowering, risk-taking, visionary, smart, groundbreaking, inclusive and inviting—and we’re passionate about hiring the talent to match. Relativity School, an accredited branch campus of Hussian College, is seeking a Myth & Story Research & Writing Instructor. This is a Part-time/Non-Exempt position. The successful candidate is a high-energy leader passionate about working with a collaborative style that promotes integrity, empowers vision, displays flexibility, and inspires creativity.
- BFA in Film + Digital Content
- BFA in Acting [Film + Television]
- BFA in Contemporary Musical Theatre + Film
- BFA in Commercial Dance
- BFA in Art
- BA in Entrepreneurship
The position of Myth & Story Writing Instructor reports to the Chair of the General Education Department and Dean of Academics. Faculty works closely with the school’s administrators, academic advisors and administrative staff.
We seek to shape the entertainment professionals of tomorrow by fostering an educational experience rooted in collaboration and innovation. We want our programs to inspire creativity in art, education and professional endeavors, to inspire excellence in a project-oriented learning environment designed to unleash the imagination and bring creative ideas to fruition under the mentorship of industry professionals. At the crossroads of art and commerce, we wish to train our students to think like entrepreneurs. We challenge them to embrace the rapidly changing technological landscape that shapes the future of entertainment. We ask them to think critically, solve problems, and deliver their ideas to the world with integrity using available social and digital platforms. We rejoice in freedom of thought while nurturing the confidence required in expressing those thoughts.
- D. in Mythological Studies, Depth Psychology or Archetypal Studies
- Proficient at working independently and meeting deadlines
- Able to work in a collaborative environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge or professional experience in film + television production, digital media and/or the entertainment industry
- Experience teaching in a school or department for the arts
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit, via email, personal statement, a current C.V., and short-list of references (as .pdf attachments) to Tameka Young email@example.com and copy Mark Millhone, firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should include: Myth & Story Research & Writing Instructor Application.