PRESCHOOL MENTAL HEALTH INTERN
The Preschool Mental Health Intern will work in a community based family wellness program providing early intervention services for preschool children and their families. The program is a strength-based partnership between families, school personnel, and the FSA treatment team (intern and family advocate) designed to support the physical, social, emotional, and developmental needs of preschool children and their families.
Therapist Job Duties
- Assess referred preschool children and families utilizing information gathered from the child, family, teacher, advocate and ACES
- Create a treatment plan that addresses the most critical social/emotional/behavioral concerns.
- Conduct observations in the classroom and at home
- Attend care coordination team meetings bi-monthly to triage cases, facilitate case consultation, and engage in treatment planning.
- Consultation with classroom teacher
- Provide culturally appropriate individual and family therapy as well as parenting education, skills training and relationship enhancement
- Availability for walk-ins or crisis related issues
- Address feelings such as anger, anxiety and grief
- Address behaviors such as tantrums and hitting
- Teach effective communication, healthy discipline and healthy coping strategies
- Empower and provide stability and support for the family
- Masters in Counseling Psychology or similar degree and MFT/ASW Intern Registration
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a must
- Experience working in school setting with children/families or background in ECE encouraged
- Valid California driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation required
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate
- Position is full-time during the school year (September-June), non-exempt, with benefits
- Clinical supervision or case consultation provided
- Pay rate dependent on experience
Please send cover letter of interest and resumes to:
Family Service Agency
123 West Gutierrez St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101